01. Outerspace Blues
02. Electric Happiness
03 Please Wash My Brain Again
06. Everyone Is Worth Saving
07. Don't Do Drugs
08. Soular [Bonus Track]
N.O.I.A. Records is proud to announce the arrival of an eight track album from Italian pair TenGrams entitled ‘Outerspace Blues’.
TenGrams are brothers Alessandro and Davide Piatto, who collectively have a deep and long understanding of dance music. Davide runs the N.O.I.A. label and was one of Italy’s first touring electronic live acts, performing and recording with drum machines and synthesizers as early as 1978 as part of seminal Italo outfit Klein + M.B.O. Since then they have released under an array of aliases, have clocked up numerous club hits and this new project brings them right back to their electronic roots.
Recorded and mixed between the end of 2015 and summer 2016, vintage synths, drum machines and samplers and “no rules or music trends” went into the writing process here, and the result is a work that is influenced by sci-fi movies and electronic music from krautrock to techno. The title reflects a certain sadness and nostalgia and the whole thing unfolds perfectly.
Kicking off with the crisp electro bumps of the title track, the cosmic feels continue through ‘Electric Happiness,’ with its bobbling bass and smeared widescreen pads. ‘Please, Wash My Brain Again’ then resets the mood with a deep and ambient piece that has glassy keys and modulated synths subtly moved along by gentle bass pulses. The dreamy ‘Cosmic Goodbye’ continues you on your journey though space, then the fantastic ‘Triffids Love’ is another zoned out and ambient number with coarse clasp, sonar blips and sombre chords all soothing mind and soul.
After the cavernous synth sweeps of the downbeat roller ‘Don’t Do Drugs’, excellently gurgling synth sounds are joined by simple but effective kicks on ‘Everyone Is Worth Saving’ and closing bonus cut ‘Soular’ comes on strong with lo-fi percussive patterns, stiff drums and an old school house feel that rounds things out in style.
* Andy Meecham (Emperor Machine / Chicken Lips): "Nice Lp but Soular stands out as best track for me if I had to choose Thanks !"
* Mirror People (Permanent Vacation / Toy Tonics / Discotexas): '"nice".
* Bruno (Xinobi (Discotexas)): "The first track is beautiful and stands out. Don't do drugs is another high!"
* Peza (Magic Feet / A&R edits): "Nice blissed out sounds...love Outerspace Blues!"
* Bird of Paradise (Correspondant / Nein / Clouded Vision): "I really like this, "Everyone is worth saving" has that great momentum a lot like Art Crimes - Carnation. "
* Italo Brutalo (Days of Being Wild / Nein) "Cosmic googbye is amazing!"
* Christophe Monier (The Micronauts): "Triffids Love is a nice crossbreed between Speedy Jâs âDe-Orbitâ and Reload or Boards Of Canada stuff. Thanks!"
* Dave Harvey (Future Boogie / El Harvo)" This is excellent, some belters on here, thanks for sending"
* Demian (Correspondant/Clouded Vision)"This is really good... Thx"
* Duncan Gray (Tici Taci)"Some interesting stuff here and nicely produced. Opening track "Outerspace Blues" gets my vote, ta."
* Somerville & Wilson (Hell Yeah / ISM)"Lush vibes on this LP from TenGrams! Really like it. Outerspace Blues is our fave pick. FULL support in OZ from S&W"
* Billy Scurry (Dublin): "Brilliant album of techno in all it"s shapes and form, great production and style.. Electric happiness (reminiscent of Dan Curtin, in a great way) and Soular are the first standouts, that"ll change I"m sure"
* Reza Athar: "I like this!"
* Justin Wilson (No Strings Attatched): “Pretty diverse album -liking the more laid back spaces sounds of Outerspace blues"
* Karim Sahraoui (Transmat / Cocoon): "nice album"
* Claudio Coccoluto (various): "great album"
* Inigo Vontier (Her Majesty"s Ship, Mix Le Fun, La Dame Noir, Correspondant): "Thanks"
* Voytek Korab (My Favorite Robot): "Really like this one. OUterspace Blues and Electric Happiness are wicked but my favorite is EVeryone is worth saving. Thanks!"
* Gameboyz (Clouded Vision / Relish): "interesting album, thanks "
* Baptiste Bernon (Mondowski (Iboat)): "Electric Happiness for me, great album ! Thanks "
* Neil Parnell (Tronik Youth): "great mix of tracks "
* Irregular Disco Workers (Disco Volante): "Welcome Back Tengrams, Soular, Outerspace Blues and Electric Happiness for us! Support "
* Curses (Safer At Night / Let"s Play House / Nein / Throne Of Blood): "this is bangin. and moody. nice work! "
* Pin Up Club (NEIN / Bordello a Parigi / Relish Recordings): "Everyone is worth saving" on rotation here at Pin Up Club!"
* Timothy Clerkin (Heretic / Eskimo Twins): "Really digging these! Cosmic Goodbye especially."
* Pulp Disco and The Outcasts (Her Majesty"s Ship, Correspondant, La Dame Noir): "Really nice gear. Looking forward to listening in more depth. Thanks :)"
* Andrew Claristidge (Acid Washed (Records makers)): "I love this a lot. Thxxx"
* Guillaume Atlan (Supermen Lovers): "Great album, great vibes"
* Adrien (Villanova (My Favorite Robot Records)): "wonderful mini album here!"
* Chris Fortier (Thoughtless / Sullivan Room / Balance): "nice work"
* Severino Panzetta (Horse Meat Disco): "Pretty cool one "
* Damon Jee (days of being wild, nein, clouded vision): "some tracks are cool, support"
* Franck de Villeneuve (diprogress/rachdingue): "Nice & coherent album ! I like the rhythm instruments used and the synths give deep space to the environment, congratulations! Special thanks for Outerspace Blues & Please, wash my brain again which I"ll play surely !"
* Bottin (Bearfunk): " favourites cuts are 03 and 05"
* Justin Robertson: '"top stuff"
* Sebastian Chenut (Scratch Massive): "'superb mini lp !!! Beautiful, love it"
* Telonius (Gomma): "!! thanks a lot for this"